By Liza Baldelomar
In this world full of chaos, anxiety, worries about the future, struggle for power, fame and wealth, have you ever thought of being healthy and wealthy in your most inner self? Let’s define the word wealth, it is having great deal with money, resources or assets. With the old and other meanings of wealth, it is not only the possession of property or money, it is happiness and prosperity in abundance.
Based on survey, only three percent in the whole world are truly successful financially and ninety seven percent are the average and the poor people . But I do not believe that wealth is only from material things.
I would like to share with you what successful and wealthy people do. There are nine habits that average people do not know or do. Reference: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/249269 John Rampton (Entrepreneur VIP)
- They Meditate – Ray Dalio, the founder of Bridgewater Associates, told The Huffington Postin 2013 that “Meditation, more than anything in my life was the biggest ingredient of whatever success I’ve had.” Dalio, however, is not alone. Oprah, Rupert Murdoch, Russell Simmons, Arianna Huffington, Bill Ford and Padmasree Warrior have all attributed mediation as a huge component to their success. Taking care of your body and mind by relaxing, exercising, healthy eating and getting enough sleep are all ways to improve your chances of success.
- They wake up early – President Obama, Richard Branson, Jack Dorsey, Larry Schultz, Tim Cook and Xerox CEO Ursula Burns are known to be early risers. How has this contributed to their success? Because early risers are able to start their days ahead of everyone else by responding to others, exercising and finding some personal time. Early risers also tend to be happier and are more proactive.
- They Network – Successful people realize the importance of networking. In fact, researchhas found that networking can lead to people performing better at work and increases the chance of landing a job. Networking helps our successful people be more innovative. According to Dale Carnegie’s classic “How To Win Friends & influence People,” successful people rarely complain or criticize. They are sincere and try to be empathetic.
- Keep Themselves Busy – Successful people are rarely idle. Achievers like LBJ and Robert Moseswere known to work 60-65 hours per week .Elon Musk works a whopping 80-100 hours per week and said, “That’s the type of work ethic an entrepreneur needs to have.”
- They know when to say “NO” – “The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything.” – Warren Buffett. Successful people realize that by saying “no” to negativity, extra work and activities that waste time, they can focus on increasing their productivity. If they say “yes” to everyone or everything, they’ll be too distracted and will not accomplish tasks that have to be done.
- They don’t watch T.V. they read – According to Thomas Corley, author of “Rich Habits: The Daily Success Habits Of Wealthy Individuals,” 67 percent of rich people only watch TV for one hour or less per day. Corley also found only 6 percent of the wealthy watch reality shows, while 78 percent of the poor do. Additionally, 86 percent of the wealthy love to read with an impressive 88 percent claiming that they read for self-improvement for 30 minutes or more per day.
- They write to-do list before the night – Successful people are known for writing their to-do-lists the night before so that they are able to set priorities for the following day. They number their lists as well to identify which tasks are the most important.
- They set goals and visualize – Joel Brown interviewed a number of high achievers for Entrepreneur and found that “Ninety-five percent of the successful achievers I have interviewed practice writing down their goals, plans, or visions for success on a regular basis.” Successful people do this the night before, or first thing in the morning so that they are prepared to tackle the challenges that await them.”
- They manage their money – Successful people have gotten where they are because they were able to manage their finances well. This means that they invest their money wisely, look for new opportunities and set aside emergency funds. They are more generous and willing to donate to those who need help.. The most successful people set themselves up for success by preparing all the time. Successful people expect luck will find them, and it usually does.
We learn a lot from John Rampton writings and we see these habits need discipline and a lot of hard work too. Being wealthy is a state of mind. If you think you are poor then you are, but if you think you are rich then you are rich.
Having a good mindset is the key to your happiness. Happiness is also wealth, in fact ,you are more than wealthy if you have peace, happiness and joy in your heart. The gratitude attitude is what we call wealth.
Quezon City, Philippines